Gas-piston conversion kit

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Gas-piston conversion kit

Postby mossy89 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Does anyone have amy experience with this conversion kit that bushmaster offers? It says it gives you a more reliable rifle. Is it really worth the $300+ price?
mossy89

Re: Gas-piston conversion kit

Postby Ghost Dog » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Mossy, I've no experience with the gas conversion, but where you thinking of it for your thumper?
This is from Bushmaster's FAQ's

Question / Issue

will the gas piston system work with the .450 upper?

Answer / Solution

Sorry, the gas piston conversion will not work with the .450 upper.
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:53 am

Ghost Dog wrote:Mossy, I've no experience with the gas conversion, but where you thinking of it for your thumper?
This is from Bushmaster's FAQ's

Question / Issue

will the gas piston system work with the .450 upper?

Answer / Solution

Sorry, the gas piston conversion will not work with the .450 upper.

I don't know who was answering that one, but I think they may have gotten their wires crossed, I have installed them on 450's. Now, I'm not completely sold on them, they can have problems, but then again many swear by them. Myself, I like the gas impingement system, it is a debugged technology, that just plane works. But hey, if ya gotta, ya just gotta, cause we Americans don't need much, but then again we want plenty, just because..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Ghost Dog » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:39 pm

Sorry Mossy and thanks Wildcatter, goes to show you can't always believe what you read!!!
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby rlk » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:43 pm

wildcatter, was it the Bushmaster piston conversion that you used or one of the others such as Adams Arms or?
Thank you sir in advance for the info.
rlk

Postby wildcatter » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:19 pm

rlk wrote:wildcatter, was it the Bushmaster piston conversion that you used or one of the others such as Adams Arms or?
Thank you sir in advance for the info.

Yup, Bushy has two systems, one slips into the existing gas block system and is really cool. The other is the POF system, which is to say it's not unlike the FN-FAL system and is also a goody. The FAL system has proven itself and the POF version is above reproach and Quality is off the Richter Scale Good, Bushy carries it. I you talk to POF, tell Frank, I what I just said about his system..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to AR15 Style Rifles