Remmy Hog Hammer ammo availability

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Remmy Hog Hammer ammo availability

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Just info whoever may be interested....Remmy Hog Hammer ammo is starting to actually show up online and at retail stores...whooda thunkit? Usually the stuff you see at the SHOT show is just market research "carrots", and nothing shows up for a few years. Ammoseek.com shows that they've shipped .308 and .30-06, at the moment, and I saw the same at a local Academy Sports today. They list the 450b load in the Hog Hammer line, and I suppose we'll see some eventually, maybe in a relatively short time. I've noticed that local retail places have begun to get a slow dribble of actual factory stock on the shelves in the last few days...???
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Re: Remmy Hog Hammer ammo availability

Postby Jim in Houston » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:29 am

One of the Academy stores in Houston had Remington 450B in stock - but at $32.99 per box. I might pay that for Hornady, but Remington . . . ?
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby kottke_35 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:29 am

Jim in Houston wrote:One of the Academy stores in Houston had Remington 450B in stock - but at $32.99 per box. I might pay that for Hornady, but Remington . . . ?

I'm sure this was the accutip bullet and not the hog Hammer line that the Op was referring to. At 32 bucks a box that would probably be a very good deal for the Hog Hammer, since it is loaded with a new Barnes bullet.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Yep, Remmy's 260gr green-tip comes in their standard colors box. The new 275gr Hog Hammer has "Hog Hammer" printed all over it in yellow & white letters: http://www.remington.com/en/products/am ... ammer.aspx

Edit: I just looked up the ballistics on this one, and even at 300 yards, its like hitting Mr. Piggy with a .460 handgun at point-blank range! Not bad...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Return to Firearms