Has anyone received their upper from the sale?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Has anyone received their upper from the sale?

Postby ag04blast » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:02 pm

I was wondering if anyone received their upper from the March Bushmaster sale?

I know they sold alot more than they thought and ran out of bolts but it doesnt seem like anyone received their upper....

I ordered on March 8th on the phone and was told they had them ready to ship. I called today and was told they were being built and would ship in 1-1.5 weeks.

So anybody see one yet?
Last edited by ag04blast on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ag04blast

Re: Has any received their upper from the sale?

Postby frodobaggins » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Not me ! Ordered on the 5th of March.
frodobaggins

Postby ag04blast » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:20 pm

I am anxious because I have 260rds, a built lower, a mount and scope all waiting....and my buddy calling me everyday telling me how he is overrun with hogs.
ag04blast

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 pm

ag04blast wrote:I am anxious because I have 260rds, a built lower, a mount and scope all waiting....and my buddy calling me everyday telling me how he is overrun with hogs.

Ditto except for the hogs. 5 weeks waiting as of tomorrow. That means if you ordered last week, maybe by the 4th of July. Image

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby tacster » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 am

ordered a weekago. they told me 3 weeks
tacster

Postby ksduckhntr » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:30 pm

ordered the last week in March and was told 3-4 weeks, but that seems like a standard answer they were giving everyone. Either way Hope it shows up before deer season so I can at least sight it in.
ksduckhntr

Postby wildcatter » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:42 pm

They have been shipping hard for the last several weeks and I have been getting mail from allot of excited folks. I only hope they had enough parts to complete all the orders. I'm thinking that might be a consideration, cause they have been totally slammed before and now during the sale and I hate to think how shrill the Hoot-ster is going to get if he's got to wait any longer. Guess I'll have to souvenir him one of my weapons, so he can get his fix-on..wink..t

Ps.. Hoot have you found any ammo yet? Everybody else has, and I mean everybody else and If you don't hurry up, you're going to miss the latest batch, that seems to be on all the shelves everywhere, except maybe in MN..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:29 am

wildcatter wrote:They have been shipping hard for the last several weeks and I have been getting mail from allot of excited folks...

It's good to finally hear something substantive! There must have had a phenomenal first day of that sale. I ordered the first day and if they've been shipping hard for few weeks and not worked their way down to me yet, that speaks volumes of the amount of people who are looking to the 450B as a new caliber of interest. Imagine having ordered on day 28.
wildcatter wrote:...snip I only hope they had enough parts to complete all the orders. I'm thinking that might be a consideration, cause they have been totally slammed before and now during the sale and I hate to think how shrill the Hoot-ster is going to get if he's got to wait any longer....

You'd be shrill too if you had Monkey Bites all over you. ;) Back in 1984, I wanted a pickup truck without power steering and power brakes. They had to have it special built at the factory. It took a whopping two weeks. We didn't have the money to get this gun, but I was really interested in it so I sold my beloved M14 NM to pay for it and the reloading components. Advertised it the day I ordered the upper. Got a response on Thursday. Got the money on Friday and shipped it on Monday. I wanted to make sure I had the money in our checking account before the upper was ready to ship. My wife and teenage daughter have been hungrily eyeing that money for the past 5 weeks, circling my bank just outside the glow from the campfire. I don't know how long I can hold them off. There is a difference between Sales and Merchandising.
wildcatter wrote:Ps.. Hoot have you found any ammo yet? Everybody else has, and I mean everybody else and If you don't hurry up, you're going to miss the latest batch, that seems to be on all the shelves everywhere, except maybe in MN..t

No, I've had reloading components laid on since a week after I ordered the upper. I have read of ammo showing up in a few stores though. I suspect there will always be spot shortages. Better or Worse depending upon the perceived demand for a distribution region and the factory's ability to meet all demand.
I have to get back to killing all the bugs on my bedroom wall now.
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:15 am

Hoot wrote:.."if you hadMonkey Bites all over you"..

&

..."I have to get back to killing all the bugs on my bedroom wall now"...
Hoot

Hoot, you are such a Hoot!!! ...LOL

I guess I'd be antsy too.

Got a suggestion to make those long nights, warm a fuzzy.

Just think of the Monkey and Bug Hunting possibilities, late at night in your bedroom, with a 450Bushmaster. There are few things in life that aren't fixed by high-speed fat bullets. I'm just sure your wife will thank you profusely for saving her from such ravenous creatures and the Holes, in the bedroom, through the house, on the exterior of the house, and your neighbors house, will be easy to fix, if you can get a cement truck in there..lol

Hang in there Partner, Salvation is on the way..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:53 am

Hoot

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles