Has anyone received their upper from the sale?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Has anyone received their upper from the sale?

Postby tacster » Wed May 26, 2010 10:16 am

16"
tacster

Postby ryr8828 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:50 pm

tacster wrote:16"

You give me at least some hope.

I still haven't received a reply to my email from Bushmaster, and it doesn't really make me go jumping up and down to do any more business with them.
ryr8828

Postby Sharpdagger » Wed May 26, 2010 7:57 pm

Good afternoon everyone. :idea:
New to the 450 B net, I have read a lot of threads on the order status of uppers on back order.
FYI I just ordered a 16" 450 B upper from Buds Gun Shop in Louisville Ky On Friday May-21st-2010.
At that time they had 20 in stock sale price $550.00 free shipping.... $565.00 C/Card price ... "going fast" I have
put the word out...Good luck If any-ones interested ..
Good night to ALL.
Sharpdagger

Postby mizar » Thu May 27, 2010 7:00 am

Called customer service again taday. Now waiting on bolts again (was told 2 weeks ago it was mags). They did say that bolts are due in tomorrow and should ship early next week.
mizar

Postby Hoot » Thu May 27, 2010 9:19 am

mizar wrote:Called customer service again taday. Now waiting on bolts again (was told 2 weeks ago it was mags). They did say that bolts are due in tomorrow and should ship early next week.

Should have asked them if they were seeing an uptick in broken extractors.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby ryr8828 » Sun May 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Hoot wrote:
mizar wrote:Called customer service again taday. Now waiting on bolts again (was told 2 weeks ago it was mags). They did say that bolts are due in tomorrow and should ship early next week.

Should have asked them if they were seeing an uptick in broken extractors.

Hoot

I'm wishing I'd bought a .458 socom or a .50 beowulf.

I want my rifle upper.
ryr8828

Postby Hoot » Sun May 30, 2010 7:19 pm

ryr8828 wrote: I'm wishing I'd bought a .458 socom or a .50 beowulf. I want my rifle upper.

I know how it feels. Ordered mine the first day it went on sale. Took a month and a half to ship. Expect the same.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Mon May 31, 2010 11:15 pm

Hoot wrote:
ryr8828 wrote: I'm wishing I'd bought a .458 socom or a .50 beowulf. I want my rifle upper.

I know how it feels. Ordered mine the first day it went on sale. Took a month and a half to ship. Expect the same.

Hoot

Ok, some perspective here..

1.5 months, with a HUGE mad rush for the "On-Sale" items. Try ordering a 458s or 50b, without a sale, wont get it this year will ya? How 'bout next year, maybe? Now find ammo, and if you're one of the lucky few, you'll need a Brinks Truck. Now try brass, or support, or anything else, for that matter! Have you tried to get any of their specialty bullets, don't bother. No, the 458/50's are an excellent exercise in "Extreme Perseverance". And besides, do you really want something that does not have, or even close to our adaptive bullet/powder selection or our total over-all performance advantages? Perspective, boys, perspective, and a little patience..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:23 am

[quote="wildcatter"
Ok, some perspective here..

1.5 months, with a HUGE mad rush for the "On-Sale" items. Try ordering a 458s or 50b, without a sale, wont get it this year will ya? How 'bout next year, maybe? Now find ammo, and if you're one of the lucky few, you'll need a Brinks Truck. Now try brass, or support, or anything else, for that matter! Have you tried to get any of their specialty bullets, don't bother. No, the 458/50's are an excellent exercise in "Extreme Perseverance". And besides, do you really want something that does not have, or even close to our adaptive bullet/powder selection or our total over-all performance advantages? Perspective, boys, perspective, and a little patience..t[/quote]

This is the last post I'm going to add to this particular thread and I'm unsubscribing from it afterward.

Wildcatter is correct on most parts. The gun is worth waiting for. The are plenty of bullets to choose from for reloading. Competition on brass and new ammunition is narrow at the moment, but the future is bright. Basically, it's a niche market firearm. They have their price of admission. Here's where I differ with him.
IMHO
A manufacturer should not justify their poor behavior because their competition is worse.
IMHO
All Bushmaster had to do was say:
"We're offering you an exceptional value during this sale. Knowing how many components we either have to make, or have made for us in advance for a particular model allows us to lower our risk of unsold inventory on the shelves and to negotiate for the lowest price on contracted components. That savings will be passed along to you, but we need a month and a half lead time to pull this off." If a month and a half is too long for you to wait, we thank you for your interest and hope we can serve you in the future.

Plain, honest communications builds a loyal customer base. I do not consider myself a loyal customer after this episode, but I am enjoying the gun.

Hoot
Last edited by Hoot on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoot

Postby ryr8828 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:18 pm

I've been waiting 2 months.

Just a return email would have been nice.
ryr8828

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles