Has anyone received their upper from the sale?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Has anyone received their upper from the sale?

Postby rugger16 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:01 am

Yeah, I got the 20" as well and the front gas block is not good for anything. It isn't even the real gas block. If you look under the hand guard you will see the real gas block. I plan to take the fake one off and put on a YHM 4 rail gas blck, that way I can have iron sights as well.
rugger16

Postby HillBilly » Mon May 03, 2010 12:23 pm

Still bupkiss... Soon I hope... :?
If you build it they will come, If I build it... I'll take the damn thing home!
HillBilly

Postby SpinKiller » Tue May 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Ordered mine March 6th, recieved it April 20, they told me 40 -45 days...just about right!
SpinKiller

Postby ryr8828 » Wed May 05, 2010 4:29 am

I'm starting to lose interest.
ryr8828

Postby Hoot » Wed May 05, 2010 9:16 am

ryr8828 wrote:I'm starting to lose interest.

I lost a lot of "wind in my sails" waiting for mine. By the time it finally came (6 weeks 2 days), it was anti-climatic. When I decide to buy something and someone claims to be selling it, I like to consummate the deal in a timely fashion. I learned not to rely upon Bushmaster for responsible selling practices. Now, that I have my upper, I will not do business with them again or recommend them, but that is just my perceived injustice. Some folks have lower expectations of people they do business with and that certainly is their prerogative. I certainly will not complain about the price though.
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby tacster » Wed May 05, 2010 12:35 pm

yup! i ordered mine march 29th. they sent me confirmation that i ordered it. and that was it. a week later i emailed customer service to see why i havent been charged, and havent received shipping confirmaiton. finally, a week after emailing customer service they wrote back saying it would be 4-5 weeks. it took an entire week for customer service just to write back and tell me when i might be getting my upper. well its been5 weeks since they responded to my email. still nothing. really crappy customer service.they will not be getting any of my business again!!!
if it wasnt such a good deal i would tell them to shove the upper up there you know what.

now if only beowolf would have a sale :D
tacster

Postby wildcatter » Wed May 05, 2010 1:32 pm

tacster wrote:

yup! i ordered mine march 29th. they sent me confirmation that i ordered it. and that was it. a week later i emailed customer service to see why i havent been charged, and havent received shipping confirmaiton. finally, a week after emailing customer service they wrote back saying it would be 4-5 weeks. it took an entire week for customer service just to write back and tell me when i might be getting my upper. well its been5 weeks since they responded to my email. still nothing. really crappy customer service.they will not be getting any of my business again!!!
if it wasnt such a good deal i would tell them to shove the upper up there you know what.

now if only beowolf would have a sale :D

Wow, you're three for three, this is Not ARFCOM and the wining isn't contributing to the forward progress of this system and the direction of this site, maybe Beojunk is better for you, now they really do know how to handle constant complaints..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby ryr8828 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:22 pm

I have my lower built and ready, and I'll shoot the .450 when it gets here.

The .50 beowulf they have at jse now in stock for $675 keeps calling my name though. I guess waiting 2 months is worth $200 bucks. I have rifles in my safe that I haven't even shot yet.
ryr8828

Postby YoteAddict » Wed May 05, 2010 10:20 pm

One thing to consider about customer service. In Bushmaster's defense, a customer pays. Since Bushmaster defers the billing until the shipment date, I consider that an equitable practice (NOT poor customer service). Also note that I consider a customer someone who has paid for a good or service. A potential customer is someone who is willing to pay but for some reason (due to one party or the other has not paid yet). Bad customer service will occur when you have paid for something and have been justly unsatisfied. For those of you who are waiting to be billed and unhappy, simply cancel your order. You won't have anything left to complain about.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
YoteAddict

Postby BD1 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:52 am

Another note in Bushmaster's defense: When they offer this sale, they have no idea how much response there will be.

Their inability to meet all of the orders in a timely fashion is a good indication of the increasing popularity of this cartridge and platform and popular cartridges have much better ammo and component availability over time. To me the increasing popularity of the .450B is a good thing.

I've been dealing with Bushmaster since the early 1990's and have found them to generally offer excellent products and pretty good customer service. They can have problems, or make mistakes, like any company. And the occasional "lemon" may get out the door, But they've always made it right to me.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles