450b AR Style Rifle Picture Thread.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450b AR Style Rifle Picture Thread.

Postby Jeepejeep » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:10 am

It's sticky enough when you put it on but you can lift it and reposition it as much as you want to. You use a hair dryer to soften it a bit for final fit and that activates the adhesive also. If you go on the site I linked, check out the installation videos. It was a pain getting it to lay flat with all the lumps and bumps on the receiver but I just took my time.They say you can remove it at any time with no adhesive left behind and the edges seem to really be on there at least for now. I'll let you guys know how it holds up during hunting season.
Yeah, I like how compact the scope is for the AR. So far it's holding up to the 450 fine, I know Barska has the reputation for being a cheap scope. I'll let y'all know how it holds up as well ;) .
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby leatherman » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:18 am

Hi all. I'm new here to the forum. I found this sight a couple of months ago while looking up info on the .450 but was unable to register. Dont know why, but anyway I was able to now. I have finished my build with the exception of a quality scope( one with more than an inch of eye relief)(suggestions?) So this is a DPMS lower and DPMS lower parts. 20" upper assy., front faux gas block remover and bushmaster folding sight added. still havent even had the chance to fire it. Just thought i would share and join in on some of the conversations. :D Image Image Image Image Image
leatherman

Postby leatherman » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:50 am

I've already changed it up. :D I had this AAA black walnut set on my S&W M&P15. thought it would look good. I like it. Image Image Image
leatherman

Postby akula682 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:52 pm

hows that wood stock doing? ive thought about making a more "normal" type of hunting rifle on the AR frame. For some reason i just cant get the thought of a broken off pistol grip or stock out of my mind... i know it wont break under normal use, but for some reason when i look at an AR platform and i see wood... i think its going to break. Just doesnt look right i guess. I'll most likely go with a laminated stock, prob gray and white for a winter look.
Josh

"do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson
akula682

Postby Archie » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:15 pm

I don't have one, but I can't think of ANY reason a laminate would not hold up. It would actually look pretty good.
Archie

Postby akula682 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Archie wrote:I don't have one, but I can't think of ANY reason a laminate would not hold up. It would actually look pretty good.

I know, its funny... I KNOW in my mind that it will hold up and not be a problem, but i just cant shake that feeling...

i just need to suck it up and order a set for my build project. I'm going to put a couple stripped lowers on order a few weeks before i head back to the states for vacation next june... i should just get the laminated stock and forend now so its waiting for me when i get there.
Josh

"do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson
akula682

Postby leatherman » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Well, I like the all natural wood. It's strong and looks good to me. I think a gun (any gun should be made of wood and steel.) Thats just me though. i've got enough Tupperware in the kitchen. :lol:
leatherman

Postby DFWDave » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:30 am

I bagged my first wild boar with the Barska scope, but the next ones will (hopefully) succumb to this new night vision setup:
DFW Dave
Bedford, TX
Bushmaster XM-15 E2S .450BM
ATN MK390 night vision for night hunting
Barska 4-16x60 Euro30 IR for twilight hunting
Aviator, Scuba diver, Videographer, Adventurer
DFWDave

Postby Jim in Houston » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:07 am

I would be a little worried about eye-relief with this setup? The mounting throws the scope back onto the stock. Is it adjustable to move forward a bit?
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby DFWDave » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:27 am

It does look like a problem, and I was concerned about it myself. However, you actually put your eye against the rubber "boot", so you don't have the usually required inches of air gap, and so it actually fit me quite easily. Now, the question is going to be whether I "shoot my eye out" with that recoil. There is a lot of accordion effect in the rubber boot, but I won't be telling my mother what I plan to do.
DFW Dave
Bedford, TX
Bushmaster XM-15 E2S .450BM
ATN MK390 night vision for night hunting
Barska 4-16x60 Euro30 IR for twilight hunting
Aviator, Scuba diver, Videographer, Adventurer
DFWDave

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles