Bushmaster Black follower

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Bushmaster Black follower

Postby rugger16 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:14 pm

My upper came in today, and I have the new black follower as well!!!!!!!
rugger16

Postby thatguy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:18 pm

NordicRX8 wrote:
MudBug wrote:Yes, that looks like they are making dedicated mags now.

Wonder if they're cheaper than the current 5-rounders :?: :lol:

HEHE.. they are really getting us on the cost of the older mags IMHO -

I sorta popped a woody seeing the new follower.. My problems it that I dont think it will fit the 20 rd Pmags.. :x

brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby wildcatter » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Here's the Deal.. The blue follower was just something to use until the dedicated follower could be made and with the craziness in the industry it took a long while before the time could be dedicated to building the new follower. This new follower is my orginal design and works like a champ, but then so does the blue follower. The great pictures are what you'd have if you do as I have suggested in other posts. Take a .500" ball-nose cutter and run it down the center of the follower and you'll have the same thing. If you don't like the skeleton-ized look, then flip the follower over and fill the void of the GI follower with JB Weld, wait 24 hrs and then run the cutter down the center of the follower, some guys do this cutter job with their Moto-Tool, it's pretty easy really and there are plenty of GI followers around. All has been described in other post and I'm thinking we may need some kind of index so the new guys won't have to wade through so much data, then again, if you guys do, do the wading, then tons of other stuff are going to ring bells for you as well. In the mean time keep asking and wondering, we may have to continually go over old data, but then that's why we're here, Right?!..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Jailer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:31 pm

I have followed your suggestion and have a GI follower sitting on my desk with the JB all set up now. I just haven't had the time to take it to my buddies place so he can mill it down. Hopefully I'll get to it some time this week.

I'll post pics up once I do get to it so everyone who comes here looking for the info will at least have some pictures to look at to see what they need to do.
Jailer

Postby MudBug » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:09 pm

wildcatter wrote:Here's the Deal.. The blue follower was just something to use until the dedicated follower could be made and with the craziness in the industry it took a long while before the time could be dedicated to building the new follower. This new follower is my orginal design and works like a champ, but then so does the blue follower. The great pictures are what you'd have if you do as I have suggested in other posts. Take a .500" ball-nose cutter and run it down the center of the follower and you'll have the same thing. If you don't like the skeleton-ized look, then flip the follower over and fill the void of the GI follower with JB Weld, wait 24 hrs and then run the cutter down the center of the follower, some guys do this cutter job with their Moto-Tool, it's pretty easy really and there are plenty of GI followers around. All has been described in other post and I'm thinking we may need some kind of index so the new guys won't have to wade through so much data, then again, if you guys do, do the wading, then tons of other stuff are going to ring bells for you as well. In the mean time keep asking and wondering, we may have to continually go over old data, but then that's why we're here, Right?!..

That is the intent of the Knowledge Base. I am sorry it has not gone along like I first intended, but the version I have installed is broken and I'm waiting for another version to be finished. I keep thinking it will just be another couple weeks till it's done.

When that happens I will ask for people to submit submissions for what they want in there.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:10 am

That's great Eric, you do allot for us and I thank you tons..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby dale » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:04 am

HI, i see you just got your upper. I'm curious how long it took to get, I ordered one saturday(11-28), and haven't heard anything yet.
thanx
dale

Postby dcbeattie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:43 am

I ordered mine on Nov. 22nd and got it yesterday, Dec 2nd........ It shipped on the 25th, FedEx ground.
dcbeattie

Postby rugger16 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:35 am

I ordered mine on the 23rd of November and got it on Tuesday December 1st!!!!
rugger16

Postby Jailer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Ordered mine Nov 13th got it Monday the 30th.
Jailer

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles