Magazines?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Magazines?

Postby bushmeister » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:46 pm

gunnut wrote:[ http://i51.tinypic.com/2r4tycw.jpg ]
UpDate! I think most any high capacity pistol mag loader would work. As long as it's wide enough for the AR mag and a one piece design.
Cheap! Makes loading a whole lot easier.

Breakthrough moment!
bushmeister

Postby oldmanjeffers » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Guys I've got something in the works here thats going to make the loaders obsolete, I just got my "supplies" today and in the next few weeks will be introducing the OMJ mags here first for us 450 guys. Now of course any of the big bore calibers will work in this mag but It will be Launched here first. A single stack 10 round mag that requires no thumb pressure to load, and it can be unloaded in a flash (not that thats necessary).

Stay tuned!
We're all in this together
oldmanjeffers

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:14 am

oldmanjeffers wrote:Guys I've got something in the works here thats going to make the loaders obsolete, I just got my "supplies" today and in the next few weeks will be introducing the OMJ mags here first for us 450 guys. Now of course any of the big bore calibers will work in this mag but It will be Launched here first. A single stack 10 round mag that requires no thumb pressure to load, and it can be unloaded in a flash (not that thats necessary).

Stay tuned!

Something like the easyloader mags by Cammenga?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby oldmanjeffers » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Similar, But this is a magazine, Not a tool, No extra "Stuff" to Carry around, Same Idea but the magazine is the loader. I've got to get the followers figured out and then I'll post some pics, And a price.
oldmanjeffers

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:55 pm

oldmanjeffers wrote:Similar, But this is a magazine, Not a tool, No extra "Stuff" to Carry around, Same Idea but the magazine is the loader. I've got to get the followers figured out and then I'll post some pics, And a price.

The EasyMag isn't the same as the tool. Gunnut posted previously on page 4 of this thread that he was using it for th .450 and I have had one for a while and never thought to use it. I tried it right after the post and no hiccups. Here is a pic of it:
Still cant wait to see your design either way. Especially if it has a single stack follower. :D
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
2zero6

Postby oldmanjeffers » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Well shoot, I didn't see that. Here I thought I was going to introduce something new and It's already been brought up! I have a line on a bunch of the kits and was going to modify the follower to a single shot follower and sell them as 450 or big bore mags, Dang it. O-well.... I'll still make a few and if any of the readers want one PM me and we'll work something out.

BTW these will be CA legal 10 round mags that will only work with the big bore cartridges. The single shot follower will not allow them to be used with the smaller bottle neck cartridges.
oldmanjeffers

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:42 pm

I am very interested especially because of the single shot follower. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Keep us posted! :D
2zero6

Postby wildcatter » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:47 pm

Me Too, for the same reasons..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby gunnut » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:31 pm

The Easy mags work fine for awhile, But,when they loosen up they will open under recoil. Maybe just load 10 rounds instead of 12 and they should last longer. Don't close them empty with the plastic single follower, They will break the plastic follower!
The mag loader I modified can be had at Brownells for $5.95, sku#555-203-000. I was mislead, It's not a glock. Made by John Masen. Just cut the front out wide enough for the AR mag and your good to go.
gunnut

Postby oldmanjeffers » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:03 pm

I'll move forward with it still, I like the idea of using the factory steel follower but modifying it to a single shot follower.

Gunnnut, I Don't mean to step on your Idea, Just maybe ride it's coat tails, LOL
oldmanjeffers

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles