Remington Ammo Cont...

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Remington Ammo Cont...

Postby go2boats » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Made a follow-up call to Remington regarding their ammo on Friday...Feb.4th....... Still nothing yet....but scheduled for a run in February....Will continue to keep in touch with them until we get some word on actual production and where it's shipped. I will call again next week.....they have been very friendly and helpful .....

My "Thanks" to the Texas Sheepdawg for his great article on Wolves, Sheep and Sheep Dogs....! ! !go2boats
go2boats

Re: Remington Ammo Cont...

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Thanks goes to Bill Whittle. The guy sure has a way with words.
Not too keen on the swear words, but I totally understand his
Application of them in this case.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Hopefully, I should have an answer tomorrow. I got a call from Remmy today, they need help on a Gov Contract, involving the 450b and I asked for an official statement as to the where-abouts of the new ammo..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby xxInfidelxx » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:56 pm

Any update? Tax return will be here Friday and was hoping to order some Remington ammo to try out. I like the Hornady but wasn't happy with it as a hunting round, too much jacket separation. Ordering some reloading equipment and dies too so I can load my own.
xxInfidelxx

Postby wildcatter » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:50 pm

xxInfidelxx wrote:Any update? Tax return will be here Friday and was hoping to order some Remington ammo to try out. I like the Hornady but wasn't happy with it as a hunting round, too much jacket separation. Ordering some reloading equipment and dies too so I can load my own.

Nope, nothing yet, and that jacket separation seems to be a problem, but only "Seems", lemme resectfully explain. Even with this occasional separation, with the factory fodder, things just die and with deadly aplomb, I might add. In far lessor calibers, jacket separation will usually result in less than acceptable Terminal results and those failures, that we are so familiar with, affect our thinking about the 450b, but this thinking isn’t really applicable in some of our lexical Data. The 450b however, has some bullets that work better than others, but we have so much kinetic energy, that even with a jacket separation, the Terminal results are always in the positive. Don't get me wrong, you can choose Mission Specific bullets, for our Baby, that will blow you away, with their results.

Conclusion, if it's brown, it's down, and arguing with fantastic results is more than moot, or if you have a favorite bullet, “use’em, if ya got’em”. Pick a bullet for the mission at hand, make sure it will perform over your chosen velocity ranges and go for it, in the meantime, the factory 250gr bullet will work great for 95% of anything we normally do. ..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Siringo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Sorry for the fuzzy pic's.
Siringo

Postby BillytheKid » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Siringo wrote:Sorry for the fuzzy pic's.
[ http://i55.tinypic.com/2u7byo8.jpg ]
[ http://i54.tinypic.com/1zb46qo.jpg ]

Bro, spill the beans! Where'd you get 'em?
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Siringo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Oh shucks -- guess I left that part out.

Actually, they are reloads. I was at Cabelas today and bought a 5 round pack of 20 gauge sabot loads. They use the same bullet -- 260 grain. Pulled them apart and reloaded them. I am selling them for $3.50 each (ha!).

Going to shoot them on Friday -- weather permitting.

By the way, I don't know how well these are going to shoot. I was disappointed to find that the bullets mic .4505". Much the same as Barnes. Not conducive to accuracy, but I will let you know what velocities I get and basic accuracy. I rather doubt the Remington will make a .452 and .4505 diameter.

Cabelas also had 2 Remington Rifles in the rack. They did not discontinue the rifle, they change the camo pattern.
Siringo

Postby BillytheKid » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Siringo wrote:Oh shucks -- guess I left that part out.

Actually, they are reloads. I was at Cabelas today and bought a 5 round pack of 20 gauge sabot loads. They use the same bullet -- 260 grain. Pulled them apart and reloaded them. I am selling them for $3.50 each (ha!).

Going to shoot them on Friday -- weather permitting.

By the way, I don't know how well these are going to shoot. I was disappointed to find that the bullets mic .4505". Much the same as Barnes. Not conducive to accuracy, but I will let you know what velocities I get and basic accuracy. I rather doubt the Remington will make a .452 and .4505 diameter.

Cabelas also had 2 Remington Rifles in the rack. They did not discontinue the rifle, they change the camo pattern.

$3.50 each??? You're killin' me Bro! LOL

And, and, you saw the new camo on the rifle and no pics for us??? LOL
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby KY_Mike » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:41 am

I've got a small sampling of the 260 gr. ammo to evaluate, but haven't been able to do so yet due to my 20" upper being loaned out and my 16" hasn't arrived just yet.
KY_Mike

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles