Is there an Ejection Port Diagram for the 450 Bushmaster?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Is there an Ejection Port Diagram for the 450 Bushmaster?

Postby Blasternank » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:25 pm

I have seen them for the 50 beowulf and for the 458 Socom, but I have never seen one for the 450 Bushmaster. Can anyone help me with one?

Thanks.
Blasternank

Re: Is there an Ejection Port Diagram for the 450 Bushmaster

Postby Hoot » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:18 pm

Blasternank wrote:I have seen them for the 50 beowulf and for the 458 Socom, but I have never seen one for the 450 Bushmaster. Can anyone help me with one?

Thanks.

Good Luck getting that one out of Bushmaster in a timely fashion. :roll:

If it'll help, I can snap you a macro-picture of the port and annotate the length and width of the cut, as measured on my upper.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:14 pm

I'd go with Hoot's suggestion...you'll get absolutely nothing from Bushmaster; they haven't even answered emails for years.... :x
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Blasternank » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:18 am

Hoot,

That would be great! Thanks for doing that.
Blasternank

Postby wildcatter » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:03 am

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhLkrtymmoI

This really isn't rocket science, if you have a Dremel and ten minutes, you're good to go.

FYI.. The 458c/50b, when modified, the dust cover wont work. If you open for our cartridge only open from the dust cover indent (on the receiver) forward.

Hoot will have some pretty good pics of this with nice little arrows..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Here's the diagram as measured on my rifle.

The 15 degree slant I refer to is the tilt that the bur / mill / stone, whatever, is tilted toward the top of the receiver while grinding. In other words, don't position the cutting tool perpendicular to the opening. As WC said, many folks who build uppers for this and other thumper calibers just use a Dremel with a carbide bur or rotary stone and I've seen some of their work. It looks fine. Obviously, don't balance the upper in your lap on a stool and do it. Affix it firmly to a work surface and set up a rest for your hand holding the dremel. Make many light cuts and it doesn't have to be aerospace precision. Just don't cut into the cover detent area.

Good Luck

Hoot

EDIT

Oops! In my haste to get the image made and annotated, while the wife was tapping her toe, waiting to go get groceries, I printed it upside down. The top rail is on the bottom in the picture. It doesn't effect what needs to be done. Also, in case you don't realize it, the widening is accomplished by only removing material from the top half of the port where the small step lip is located.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby B swift » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Can you say " proprietary" ? LOL Ever wonder if every shop with a CNC wants to fabricate your designs?
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand".
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Postby macmac » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:27 am

wildcatter wrote:Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhLkrtymmoI

This really isn't rocket science, if you have a Dremel and ten minutes, you're good to go.

FYI.. The 458c/50b, when modified, the dust cover wont work. If you open for our cartridge only open from the dust cover indent (on the receiver) forward.

Hoot will have some pretty good pics of this with nice little arrows..

..t

I dont know about everyone elses, but the dust cover on my 458socom works fine...I also used a bridgeport milling machine too...
macmac

Postby Hoot » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:49 am

macmac wrote:I dont know about everyone elses, but the dust cover on my 458socom works fine...I also used a bridgeport milling machine too...

Welcome aboard macmac!

Do you have, or can you take a few macro pictures of yours to share with the gang? It may be educational to see it done professionally. I sure wish I had access to a mill. Thought about taking a class at the local Vo-Tec, just for the access, but the classes book up faster than I can seem to get my bid in.

Hoot
Hoot

Postby macmac » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:47 am

I wouldnt call it "professionally" :lol: but will try take some when I get home. May take longer to figure out how to upload them to board. :?
macmac

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles