Orlite or Promag polymer mags

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Orlite or Promag polymer mags

Postby 2zero6 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Does anyone have one of these to test function and feed reliability so I don't have to go run out and buy some in case they don't work? I was wondering if they maybe a cheaper and more readily available mag option than my reliable Sig mags. Thanks again!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Re: Orlite or Promag polymer mags

Postby thatguy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:06 pm

I would stick with Pmags or the Sig 556 mags...

I have not heard many good things about most after market mags - except Pmags..

the pmags can easily be convereted for 450B use - a very narrow file is a necessity for removing the ridge in the front of the bag though..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Re: Orlite or Promag polymer mags

Postby bigbush » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:28 pm

I tried the lancer 5 mags, I modified the follower the seem to feed ok but the lips are a little far apart and it doesn't hold them in very good. It could be they flex to much when not in the gun. I had the rounds come out right past the lips when holding it in my hands. does anyone make a strait 30 rd mag for the ar that would be the ticket for the strait round like the 450..
bigbush

Return to AR15 Style Rifles