Well i did it

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Well i did it

Postby bigbush » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Hello everyone,I was just going to build a little 223/556 plinker and they had to go and put the 450 on sale again. I passed on it last time and couldn't resist this time. I have a rock river lower with stag lower parts kit and magpul stock. I still need a buffer and spring, has any on tried the spikes ST-SST - 7.0 oz. buffer? If not what would work in the carbine buffer tube? Needless to say I am pretty stoked to get this together and shoot it :D .
bigbush

Re: Well i did it

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Welcome aboard! That buffer will be plenty fine as I believe Bushmaster uses around 5 oz IIRC, but the system was designed to work with milspec. I run a Duostock with an M4 buffer.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby bigbush » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:23 pm

I havent bought one yet, If could use a standard h2 buffer that would be cool since i will probably use the lower for my future 556 upper also. Also it is a mill speck tube if that's what you meant..
bigbush

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:33 pm

bigbush wrote:I havent bought one yet, If could use a standard h2 buffer that would be cool since i will probably use the lower for my future 556 upper also. Also it is a mill speck tube if that's what you meant..

Same thing I do with mine, I love being able to swap calibers with just an upper. :D
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Return to AR15 Style Rifles